Dear listener, it’s been far, far too long since I published an episode of the Icosahedrophilia podcast. Real life hit me hard in September, but I’m working hard to get back on track! In this episode, we kick off our June 4, 2011 adventure entitled “Errand of Mercy.” The crew of the Broken Promise, on its way to deliver Koralina’a back to Erelhei-Cinlu, has arrived in Maelbrathyr just in time for the beginning of the Bleak Carnival. Find out what happens when you listen now or subscribe via iTunes, Zune, or plain old RSS.
This episode features the following segments:
Chris Tulach of the RPGA calls for your initiative roll.
The Staging Area
I briefly summarize the campaign backstory (referring listeners to the “Story Thus Far” recap episode for a more detailed history of the campaign). I also summarize our most recent adventure, “Revelations.”
The Weather Report
The Promise Breakers get a rude awakening on their first night in Maelbrathyr.
The Prop Shop
I used Wizards of the Coast’s huge Purple Worm miniature for the fight that starts in this episode’s Weather Report; unfortunately, show sponsor Noble Knight has none left in stock! However, they do stock the large, purple Great Worm from Reaper Miniatures’ Asylum series of preprinted plastic minis, so that’s my Noble Knight featured product for this episode. Noble Knight also carries Dungeon Tiles Master Set: The City and Paizo’s Flip-Mat: Ship, both of which I used to create the Maelbrathyr docks where the fight with the worm took place. I apparently forgot to take any pictures of the setup, but here’s the plan for the Maelbrathyr docks (click the picture for a larger version):
You can also support the show by shopping at DriveThruRPG. If you haven’t checked out ICONS—a superhero RPG designed by Steve Kenson (of Mutants & Masterminds fame) that’s more or less the love-child of Marvel Super Heroes and FATE—this is a good time, because the whole line is on sale right now! And now through November 10, you can enter the coupon code DiceInTheFall to receive a 20% discount on the following products:
- Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion [Pinnacle Entertainment]
- Realms of Cthulhu [Reality Blurs]
- Karma Roleplaying System Core [Bards and Sages]
- FantasyCraft [Crafty Games]
- Fat Dragon’s Dragonshire Deluxe [Fat Dragon Games]
- Ninja Burger RPG (2nd Edition) [aetherial FORGE]
- Heavy Gear Blitz! Locked & Loaded [Dream Pod 9]
- Hero’s Handbook: Dragonborn [Goodman Games]
- Splicers RPG [Palladium Books]
- Caladon Falls [Savage Mojo]
- Legend of the Five Rings (4th Edition) [AEG]
- Fuzzy Heroes (2nd Edition) [Inner City Games]
- Ave Molech (2nd Edition) [Morbidgames]
- Book of Alignment (OGL/Pathfinder) [Emerald Press]
- Horrific Universe: 12 Months of Horror [Bailey Records]
- Directors Cut Survival Horror [Crispy Zombie Productions]
- Friar’s Almanac (Complete) [Dark Spire]
- Distant Vistas [Draken Games]
- Stories in the Ether, Issue 1 (Bundle) [Nevermet Press]
- d-Infinity Volume #3: Children of the Night (Gen Con Special Edition) [Skirmisher Publishing]
As always, our theme and bumper music comes from “Racing the Wind” and “Gallows Jig” from the album Phantoms of the High Seas by Nox Arcana, ©2008 Monolith Graphics. This episode also features, in the background, “After Hours” and “Nightmare Parade,” both by Nox Arcana, from the album Carnival of Lost Souls, ©2006 Monolith Graphics. All tracks are used by permission of the copyright holders.
I hope that you enjoy(ed) listening to “Errand of Mercy, Part 1,” and that you’ll join us when the adventure continues in “Errand of Mercy, Part 2″!